SO, I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but I think we may be moving. We've been talking about adding on to this house for a long time now. We just need more room. We also have decided after the recent tornadic events in the surrounding area we need a basement or a storm shelter. Our plan was to build an addition with a basement underneath that....well scratch that idea...apparently concrete is REALLY expensive right now. As much as I LOVE this house, I know that it is just not big enough for us, and if we decided to have another baby, there is no way we will all fit in here with all the stuff we have. I also LOVE my neighborhood and my neighbors, it really hurts to think that we have to leave them...so much so that we are actually considering buying a bigger house in this subdivision that has a basement. The only problem is, that house is WAY over priced compared to similar houses about 10 miles from here. and by way over priced, I'm talking $100,000 more than a bigger house with more land located a few miles away. Both houses are brand new, and the one in this subdivision actually backs up to railroad tracks, making it even less attractive. As much as I hate to move from here, I just think it is what will happen...my dream of course would be to buy the house in this subdivision, but that would just be crazy if they won't come down off the price...by like $90,000...hehe. SO if any of my neighbors are reading this, and you want to move and give us a super good deal on your house, we might just bite on it! I know this is probably the worst time ever to try to sell a house, so of course that has to happen before any of this can take place, so lets pray for a boost in the real estate market, k? or at least pray for this one to sell quickly.
The though of having my house on the market just makes me nauseous. When someone decides they want to look at it, it's never, "we want to look at it tomorrow" it's "we want to look at it in five minutes" Great! Come on over..wade through the toys! fold my laundry while you're at it. oh, and put the dishes away, k? I just hate having to keep my house spotless 24/7. Which, by the way, is impossible if you have a one year old...especially my one year old who thinks pulling all of the clothes out of the draws in his room and throwing them on the floor is fun. Or who thinks my kitchen cabinets need to be cleaned out daily. Or who thinks throwing his breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack on the floor is a good way to signify that he is finished and wants no more. Or who believes that he can not play with just one or two or three or even four toys at one time, because there must be at least 10 available for play at any given time. Or else. SO a little notice would be nice, mainly so I can be sure to pick up whatever storm damage my little tornado has left, and remove myself and him from the house so no further damage can be done. My favorite is when there is a car sitting in your driveway and the phone rings "just wondering if we can come take a look" Ahh I love cell phones. It must have been nicer to sell a house before cell phones were invented, at least you would have had the time it took them to get from the real estate office to your house...well maybe not, because they probably just came up to your door, didn't knock, got the key out of the box and came on in. Gee...I wonder how many real estate agents have walked in to see something they've only see on Showtime after 2 am? Bet that would teach them to call and make an appointment from now on. So I must say, even though I am SO VERY excited about the idea of buying a new house, I am very sad to leave my neighbors, and totally not looking forward to having my house listed. Again, lets just pray that the first person to see it, sees it clean, and buys it. Ahh wouldn't that be grand?
Love ya all!
-Sha
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago



1 comment:
Movin' On Up??? I don't think so! If you were movin' on up you'd be movin' to Mayberry....that's movin up!! HeHe! I'm happy for you guys Shana, I pray all works out the way you guys want it to. Talk to ya tomorrow.
Post a Comment