Thursday, July 24, 2008

Houston can you hear me?

Why, yes I sure can! And so can Carter. In other words, the audiologist found no problem with his hearing. So, he's a-ok. The test involved the two of us sitting in a sound booth. She would play a sound, and if Carter looked in that direction, tweetie bird would light up and spin around. He thought it was fun at first but then he got sorta scared...it was pretty dark and weird in there and they were playing scary sounds so I don't blame him. Then she looked at the movement of air on his ear drums....no easy task, but again no problems. I guess he'll talk when he wants to talk....

Clayton and I went to Branson yesterday to stock up on some Ebay stuff. I opened an ebay store, you can visit by clicking here. Visit often, because I'm always adding new things. I think Carter and I will venture to Springfield today to see if we can find some more. Now that I actually have room to store the stuff, I can expand and stock more items, and hopefully make more mooolaw :) I also would like to start sewing some more stuff to sell, but honestly, that takes a lot of time, and there is just so much to do around here...and when you can just go out and buy the stuff to resale, why put anymore work into than you have to?

The liner for the pool will be here tomorrow...and trust me that has turned into WAY more of a job than I ever thought it would be...we are finally ready to get it up...but it has to stop raining long enough for the ground to dry so we don't make mud prints in the floor of the pool.



Ohh...I almost forgot. Last week Grandma Mary and Dylan came down and went to the zoo with us. The boys had a blast! Carter, of course, liked the train more than anything...but now his favorite Baby Enstein video is the World Animals one. I think he remembers all the animals he saw at the zoo. He points and laughs and runs around giggling whenever the video is playing. Dylan pointed out to his mom some things that we didn't think were that significant....like the alligator had the cleanest pool of all the animals, there was a groundhog in the hippo's cage, and the hippo had some doo do the size of a small country floating in his water....isn't funny what little ones pick out and remember?


1 comment:

The Clamors said...

WOW!!!! But where are the PLUS-SIZE Bikinis? HeHe! Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe some day I'll get to purchase a tini-bikini from ya!

About Me

My photo
Small town USA, MO, United States
I'm a former pediatric dental assistant. Have you been flossing? I'm also a mommy, a wife, a domestic zoo keeper, and a photographer! I rarely blog anymore but it's a nice way to share our lives with everyone when I get a chance!