8 lbs 11 oz 21 1/2 inches long
here's the story:
On Thursday I went to the doctor for my 40 wk appointment. My doctor did an ultrasound and asked what I wanted to do. I said, get her outta me! So, at 8 am on may 22nd we got to the hospital for an induction. We got checked in and started pitocin around 9am. About 10am my doctor came in to break my water and I asked her if I could have an epidural first. She was reluctant at first, but then we discussed how my first labor was so fast I had to go natural with no pain meds, not something I wanted to repeat. So she agreed to let me get the epi. About 11 am the epi was in, and I still hadn't felt one bit of pain. I was enjoying every minute of the epi! It was the best thing ever! At 12pm my doctor came back to break my water. I was 4 cm at that point. At 1 pm, I was checked and at 5cm. At 1:50 I was checked again and at 6cm. I still hadn't felt a contraction. A few minutes later I started to feel a little pressure and a couple of contractions. I asked my husband to check the monitor to see if they were getting stronger and he said not really. So I asked the nurse if she could turn my epi up a little. She said she would call anesthesia but first she needed to check me to make sure it wasn't time to push. Sure enough, I was complete. My doctor came in about 5 minutes later, said the baby was right there. I jokingly asked her, "right there? like one push right there?" she laughed and said it depends on how well you push. I still wasn't feeling too much pain. I felt a couple of contractions, but nothing compared to what I felt when I was in transition with Carter..So the next contraction I pushed and watched in the mirror as her head came out. One more push and she was born at 2:35 pm. It was SO EASY! I kept telling everyone that I could do that everyday. It was better then I ever could have wished or prayed for.
Did I mention I loved the epidural??!
Did I mention I loved the epidural??!
She is a great baby. she sleeps and eats and that's about it. She is sleeping about 3-4 hours at night between feedings which is just awesome. Carter is adjusting well. He's getting used to the idea of her not going away. He likes to give her kisses and play with her fingers. The dog, well, he's having issues, but he'll get used to it eventually ;).



1 comment:
Oh my Shana, the first picture was a bit scarry, the rest are beautiful! She's adorable! I wish we were back home with you guys. Don't get to come to the Library often enough to check everyone's blogs & to blog for myself, so I'm a little late on seeing her pics. and commenting. Sorry. We think of you guys every day & can't wait to see you, Carter, Camryn & I guess Clayton too :) Love ya sweetie!
P.S. You're a great Mommy Shana, I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment