Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2007 Ice Storm...Oh Wait, It's 2008 and ANOTHER ICE STORM!

Well I have to say that I actually think we have more ice this year then what we got in the "once in a life time" ice storm of last winter. I don't know if it was because I was pregnant, or the fact that we lost our power for 5 days, but that one did seem so much worse to me. So far we still have electric, which I am SO thankful for. Also, the trees were sooo badly damaged last year, that we haven't heard nearly as many limbs and trees falling. I think mother nature took out all the weak and weary last year, leaving the strong to survive this one as well. Now that I say all this, the power will go off, a tree will go through our house and we'll get 6 inches of snow on top of the ice...so for the record I sit here at my dinning room table and announce to the world "KNOCK ON WOOD" :)

Below are some pictures I snapped this morning and a video I took last night, towards the end of it you can hear a tree limb fall.
(you can turn the music off to the right of this post. Just click on the pause button towards the top of the player and you can click on the pictures to make them bigger)






No comments:

About Me

My photo
Small town USA, MO, United States
I'm a former pediatric dental assistant. Have you been flossing? I'm also a mommy, a wife, a domestic zoo keeper, and a photographer! I rarely blog anymore but it's a nice way to share our lives with everyone when I get a chance!