Sunday, January 27, 2008

Church today

Carter and I went to church today (Dad was at work). Last week we visited Strafford's First Baptist Church for the first time...well it was alright...I didn't really feel like anyone was very welcoming and it wasn't a big church at all. I guess I'm just use to small town Newburg where when a new person walks in, everyone makes it a point to come up and welcome them to their church. So anyways, today we went to our neighbor's church. It is called Landmark Christian Center. It was awesome. EVERYONE made it a point to come up and say hi, and welcome us. I was reminded of church camp that I went to as a teenager, which was one of my summertime favorite activities. They have a band and sing very contemporary Christian praise and worship songs. The sermon was almost Pentecostal like. The pastor was very loud, and the people there were yelling hallelujah and other words that I'm pretty sure weren't English :). It was definitely a great service and I am so excited to go back. I left feeling like I hadn't felt since church camp many years ago. Apparently the church rents the building they hold services in, and they unfortunately share it with other groups. So the first Sunday of every month they can only hold night services. Well, Carter usually goes to bed between 6 and 7, so night services are not really an option for us right now. I guess I will be praying for the church to find a way to hold services every Sunday morning, because I am kinda of disappointed I have to wait 2 weeks before I get to go back.



He never looks at the camera for me anymore :)



Isn't this the cutest picture?

My new do :)

1 comment:

The Clamors said...

Yes that is the cutest picture. When Preston sees us pick up the camera he starts saying "cheeez" it's pretty funny. That's a bummer about the Sunday services. But I have it all figured out for ya. On the Sunday mornings you can't go there just go to Hope Community Church. I think you'll like it too. And you can think of me when you're there :) They have two morning services 9 and 11. Gary Hayes is the minister and I promise he is the best minister by far that I've ever listened to. Every message would just hit home for me. The first time I visited the church I cried the entire service...just felt the presence of God I guess. Like you, it was a familiar feeling that I hadn't felt in a very long time. Anyhoo...sorry for babbling...talk to ya later. Love ya! Tell booger butte hi for me.

About Me

My photo
Small town USA, MO, United States
I'm a former pediatric dental assistant. Have you been flossing? I'm also a mommy, a wife, a domestic zoo keeper, and a photographer! I rarely blog anymore but it's a nice way to share our lives with everyone when I get a chance!